Friday, November 26, 2010

black Friday? more like sunny, beautiful Friday to me!

The waiting is over!  Well... THAT waiting, at least :)  My surge happened right on time, day 14 (Wednesday) at 11am.  I took a chance and called Doctor Levine and asked if maybe is there anyway he could squeeze me in.. expecting he would say 'no' because he has a strict policy to call at 9am for an IUI that day.  But, he must have been in the holiday spirit because he said... 'run' :)  It worked our perfectly as Kerri had a half day and was nearly to the exit so I called her, grabbed her a change of clothes, Grace and hit the road with a HUGE smile!!  We had our first IUI on Wednesday around 1pm, exactly 2 hours after my surge showed up (there was nothing at 9am).  We spent the afternoon in Davis Square, hitting up pub where we had our first date and then headed home.  It was a wonderful, surprise afternoon!!

Thanksgiving morning, which also happens to be K's late mom's birthday we went in, bright an early, for the second IUI.  We left the house at 8:15 and didn't hit the brakes once!  No traffic!!  Dr. Levine said everything looked great and we were out the door in 20 min.  We went directly to the cemetery to get good vibes from Patsy and then treated ourselves to one of the best bloody Mary's I have ever had - complete with a visit from K's 2 older brothers.  From there, it was onto my father-in-laws where we watched the Pat's with K's sister and fiance.  Then it was onto my sister and brother-in-laws for a surprisingly really good meal :)  (A doesn't cook - ever.) and then home and in bed by 9pm.  All in all it was a prefect 2 days...

and now the REAL waiting begins!!  Happy sunny, yellow (albeit rainy) Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment